Apply For Your Driving Licence Renewal
With our straightforward, mobile friendly online application for customers that are unable to process their Driving Licence renewal application via the DVLA website. We process applications that are ‘not viable’ or ‘not eligible’ through our free D1 assistance service (online only).
Your new Driving Licence will be valid for 10 years from the date of approval. The estimated delivery is around three weeks however it may take longer due to the impact of COVID19.
Please note – As part of UK law, if you are over 70 years old at the time your application is processed, you will only be entitled to a 3 year licence. You can renew your licence every 3 years.
What Do You Need To Apply?
Simple and easy steps to complete your Driver Licence Renewal Online.
- A valid UK passport.
- Addresses of where you’ve lived over the last 3 years.
- Your current driving licence*.
- Your National Insurance number (if you know it).
- To not be disqualified from driving.
- To be a resident of Great Britain**.
*If you do not have your licence you must say why in your application.
**There is a different service in Northern Ireland, we cannot process your application if you are applying for the renewal of a Drivers Licence issued in Northern Ireland
***As part of UK law, if you are over 70 years old at the time your application is processed, you will only be entitled to a 3 year licence. You can renew your licence every 3 years.
Applying Through Our Online Portal
Applications are prepared and reviewed before submission
- Online Support – contact our team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any questions related to your application.
- Easy To Apply – our online application form is easy to use. The form is mobile friendly so you can renew your UK Driving Licence on the go!
- Manual Review – your application is reviewed by one of our specialists before submission. If any errors are found, we will be in touch with 24-48 hours to ask you to correct the application. This can lead to a faster processing time as it prevents going back and forth with the DVLA to correct any mistakes in the form. The DVLA have a standard 5 day response time, which can cause delays to the application process.
- Lost Licence Protection – Free lost licence replacements are limited to any customer who has already made a purchase on drivingicencerenewals.co.uk within the last 12 months.